Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love/Hate Food: Week 3

From the start of Week 1, I was looking forward to the arrival of Week 3.  Week 3 is the week where you get to slowly re-introduce citrus, cow dairy, cow cheeses, wheat and grains.  I love carbs.  I love bread.  Thats probably the reason why I had so much trouble losing weight in the past, carb heavy diet.  I didn't each much rice, heck I don't even like rice!  But if I did eat rice, it was brown rice, which is healthier than white rice.  My love is towards breads.  I can't say no to a freshly baked loaf of bread.  My favorite meal in the world is fresh bread and butter.  I could eat that every single meal, forever and ever!  Alongside my previously carb heavy meals, the rest of everything I put into my mouth was pretty healthy.  Low fat, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.  I have to admit now I see that I was consuming less protein than I should.  You should have heard me counting down the days to when bread was reintroduced again.  Each day I would say to the hubby something along the lines of, "Guess what???  On Tuesday for breakfast we get to eat a slice of rye bread!" or "On Friday for lunch we get to eat an egg, tomato and cheese sandwich!"

The purpose of re-introducing these foods slowly day by day is for us to notice if our body has any bad reactions when these foods are consumed.  Bad reactions include, bloating, gassy, constipation etc.  If you have any of these reactions, you should probably be avoiding these foods in the future. The rule is re-introduce each type food each day separately, and cannot eat that type of food again until all foods have been re-introduced.  This is so that you can get a clearer picture of which foods affect you and which do not. No confusion this way. So basically once you re-introduce the food for that one day, you cannot eat it again until week 4.

I also have to note that on the second day into our week 3 detox plan, our diet got derailed a small bit.  We had a friend's wedding to attend.  Dinner reception was at a Chinese restaurant (10 course meal) AND I was told not to leave so early because at 11pm Smoke's Poutinerie was catered for some poutine.  I cursed my friend for doing that and told him that I hope his poutine sucks so I won't eat any of it.  In truth, the poutine wasn't the greatest, I found the gravy very weak and it wasn't cheese curds, it was broken up bits of mozzarella.  But regardless, I still ate some poutine because it sure beat the salads I've been eating recently!  As for the main dinner meal, aside from the oil, most of the food in a Chinese banquet meal is allowed in the meal plan.  The only things I didn't eat was the suckling pig which isn't allowed (the hubby was looking forward to this dish in particular all day long and ended up eating double portions) and fish, because I just don't like fish.

Week 3 down, just one more week to go! Hovering around an 8lb weight loss so far.

Week 3 Day 1 Citrus:
Grapefruit & Goat Yogurt









Roasted Beet, Orange & Walnut Salad









Rice Pasta with Peas, Zuchinni and Goat Cheese













Day 2 Yogurt:
Friend's wedding was this day.  Breakfast was Dose of Dopamine Chocolate Yogurt.  Lunch was Roasted Vegetable Soup topped with Greek Yogurt.

Day 3 Cheese:
Low Fat Caesar Salad with Shrimp

Carb-Conscious Lasagna


















Day 4 Rye:
For lunch instead of the Rye bread it was supposed to be Wasa crackers.  But I didn't want to buy more food just for one meal, so figured we'd eat another slice of rye bread.
Slice of Dimpflmeier Rye with Almond Butter and Boiled Egg

Slice of Dimpflmeier Rye Topped with Goat Cheese & Tomato and Roasted Vegetable Soup

















 
Day 5:
Today was supposed to be the re-introduction of Kamut.  But since this isn't something that we normally consume anyways, we figured we would omit it.  Today's meals consisted of what we are allowed to eat in Weeks 1 and 2.

Mary's Cracker Crusted Chicken with Herbed Sweet Potato Fries and Steamed Broccoli











Day 6 Ezekiel Products:
Ezekiel products are bread products made with sprouted grain.  This has to be the absolute worst bread out there.  Texture reminds me of either sawdust or a crouton.  And this is all prior to toasting the bread!  Worst part is, each loaf of bread is $5 and it's not even fresh....it's located in the freezer section!  For lunch, the recipe was for Tuna melt.  However since I dont' eat fish, I used some left over roasted chicken breast and made myself a Chicken Salad Melt instead.
Sunday French Toast

Chicken Salad Melt

Tuna Salad Melt













Day 7 Whole Wheat:
Since I volunteer on Fridays I didn't take a picture of my lunch which was Tasty Egg and Cheese Sandwich with Mixed Greens.
Whole Wheat Pasta with Chicken, Goat Cheese and Roasted Asparagus


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...