Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chilli Chicken House


The first time I tried chilli chicken, I fell in love.  I loved the spiciness and the burning sensation in the mouth.  Not too much to kill all your tastebuds, but just enough to make you wake up.  This was at Lin Garden in Scarborough many years ago.  

Now that I live and work nowhere close to Lin Garden, I haven't had any chilli chicken in a long time.  That and the hubby is a wimp when it comes to spicy foods.  Lucky for me, my coworker is from Honduras and can take some serious spice.  We can across this restaurant on our search for our weekly Friday lunch outings.  She craved General Tao Chicken and I craved Chilli Chicken.  The lunch special includes rice and the option of a pop or a vegetable spring roll.  Because we wanted veggies, we decided to order vegetable pakoras as well.

I was told the General Tao Chicken was very good. I've never been a fan so I can't really comment on it.  The Chilli Chicken, not the same as what I remember if I compare with Lin Garden.  The sauce seemed more soy sauce based.  Not enough spice.  Just overall, not as good.  The vegetable pakoras were very good.  Lots of spice and heat and you can see the veggies.  Portions were big, so if you like quantity over quality, then head on over to Chilli Chicken House.

General Tao Chicken

Chili Chicken

Vegetable Pakoras

Vegetable Pakora Inside




































Chilli Chicken House
4040 Creditview Road, Unit # 25
Mississauga, ON L5C 4E3
Phone: (905) 232 - 1199
http://www.chillichickenhouse.com/store_hours_location.php

Hours:
Monday to Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday:  11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...