Monday, March 16, 2015

Goat Coffee Co.

Such a strange name.  I would have never linked the two together.  But never judge a book by it's cover right?  Same goes for a restaurant/cafe name.  I found Goat Coffee on BlogTO's Best New Cafes in Toronto, 2014.  I have to be honest, but I had wanted to check out another cafe on that list instead.  But what drew me to Goat Coffee was that they offer food, real food, with their coffees.  Finally a place with food!   Most cafes serve pastries, cakes, and cookies.  Sometimes you want to have a meal, with a good coffee.  Food wise, Goat Coffee offers many egg sandwiches for breakfast, similar to HK Cafe style, but with fancier toppings.  They use free range eggs!!!!  *HAPPY DANCING* On their menu there's also salads and braised meats and such for lunch, depends on the daily special..  They also offer milk alternatives such as soy or almond milk for all of you lactose intolerant people out there.

The cafe itself was large enough to keep the tables full on a Saturday morning, without having people lining up waiting for a table.  You walk up to the counter, order, pay and then they bring your order to you.  This particular weekend was re-introducing caffeine (for the second time around to confirm my initial reaction to caffeine).  Drink wise, we ordered a large drip coffee, and an almond milk latte.  The drip coffee was very good.  I think I actually preferred it over my almond milk latte.
Drip Coffee & Almond Milk Latte











 For food, I ordered the Egg White Super Spinach minus the butter on the toast and subbed the cheese with avocado.  I was shocked they let me sub the cheese for avocado.  But the guy there was super nice about it.  The hubby ordered the Smokey Bacon & Egg'er.  There was so much cheese in his sandwich that it that I would call it a grilled cheese too.  Food got delivered to our table shortly and I dove in.  Light and fluffy egg whites.  I wish I knew how to cook my eggs like that.  The guy that I placed my order with came by at least twice asking me if everything was ok.  I've never had that at a cafe before.
Egg Sandwiches












As I'm writing this blog, part of me wants to delete everything that I have just written so I can keep this place my little secret.  But the purpose of my blog is to share with you these little gems I have found.  Goat Coffee Co. is definitely a gem!

Goat Coffee Co.
893 Pape Ave.,
Toronto, ON
M4K 3V6

Phone:  416-551-7737

Hours:  Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm
             Saturday Sunday 8am - 6pm

http://www.goatcoffeeco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...