Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Todo Rico Bakery

Still hung up on eating empanadas.  So my coworker and I went to another Columbian bakery/restaurant for empanadas.  Todo Rico is another eatery that is small and homey feeling.  Our mission was to try their empanadas, so I ordered a beef empanada.  And because the sobrebarriga was so good at Las Delicias, that’s what I ordered here too. 

The empanada here is very different compared to Las Delicias.  The look of it is different, the crust, is harder, almost had a grainier texture.  Maybe they use a corser grind of corn flour?  The filling I prefer here, more flavour, more meat, less fillers.

The sobrebarriga, when it arrived, I actually wondered if I had ordered the wrong dish.  It didn’t look the same.  The sauce is much yellower.  Maybe there’s some additional spice, maybe saffron to flavour it?  But there wasn’t much difference in flavour, just the colour.  The beef was equally as tender.  The side salad was pretty much the same, rice, well it’s white rice, so not much to comment on. 

I think I may make the farther trek for empanadas and sobrebarrigas.

Empanadas

Sobrebarriga



















Todo Rico Bakery
900 Rathburn Rd.,
Mississauga, ON
L5C 4L3

Phone:  (905) 615-1999

Hours:  Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm
             Saturday 8am - 8pm
             Sunday 8am - 7pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...