Monday, February 27, 2012

Love/Hate Food: Week 2

I've been pretty lazy about updating this blog and am now finally getting around to writing about week 2 of The Supercharged Hormone Diet.  I'm actually in the middle of week 4 right now.  The end is so close!!!  Back to week 2.  The only difference between week 1 and week 2 of the detox is that in week 2 you are allowed the addition of 1 daily serving of gluten free grains or potatoes.  Gluten free grains or potato selections can include millet, rice and rice products, buckwheat, rice pasta, rice cakes, rice crackers, white potatoes and sweet potatoes.  I had no idea that one serving is only 1/2 cup.  I guess that would be a shock to any Asian out there.  One serving of rice to an Asian is always one heaping bowl.

Not many pictures for this week's food since most of the meals are the same as the previous week because of all the limitations of what we can and cannot eat.

Upside, down another pound this week :).

Week 2 Day 1 Lunch:
Chicken Chili










 Day 2 Dinner:
Chicken Souvlaki with Rice & Salad










Day 3 Lunch & Dinner:
Scrambled Eggs with Dill and Feta Served on Sliced Tomatoes

Roasted Chicken Breast with Garlic & Herb Sweet Potato Fries


















The roasted chicken breast was supposed to be a whole roasted chicken.  But a whole roasted chicken would mean leftovers sitting in the fridge.  And the fact that I had chicken breast in the freezer already, I just thought might as well use it.

 Day 4 Dinner:
Chicken Stirfry with Peppers and Fresh Basil and Brown Rice










  Day 5 Dinner:
Rice Pasta with Chicken, Goat Cheese and Asparagus










 Day 6 Dinner:
Tilapia with Roasted Tomatoes on Brown Rice










This was the hubby's dinner since I don't eat fish.  I had a blueberry avocado smoothie instead because I perfer lighter dinners before going to yoga.  I have it arranged so when I have yoga, he eats fish so I don't smell the stinky fishy smell.

Day 7 Dinner: 
Chicken Cabbage Cashew Stirfry on Brown Rice










No cashews at home so I just omitted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...