Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goody's Diner: Visit 2

I had to make another trip here after I found out at the end of my last meal that their burger patties were made in house.  Just like a steak, I find there's a big difference in terms of the juiciness of a burger patty depending on how well done it is cooked.  Not all of your favorite burger joints in Canada are allowed to cook your burger other than well done because they buy the burger patties frozen.  I believe the rule is, if you grind your own meats, because you know whats going into the burger, you can allow the customer to choose how well done they want their burger.

On this trip, the hubby ordered the Farmer John burger, cooked to medium rare with a side order of fries.  For some reason the hubby loves to order burgers topped with fried eggs.  He always complains about how messy it is to eat, but yet, if it's on the menu, he will order it.  So this burger came topped with an onion ring, fried egg and bacon along with the normal, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.  I guess you can call this a breakfast burger.  Although I can't imagine anyone eating this first thing in the morning.  We cut into this burger, and was cooked to a perfect medium rare, and super juicy......DELICIOUS!
Farmer John










I know, each time I come here, I end up ordering anything but a burger.  Last time's excuse was I was on my detox, unable to eat beef.  This time, it was 1pm on a Saturday, and I haven't eaten breakfast yet.  I needed breakfast.  That and I love breakfast meals.  I could eat a breakfast type meal anytime of the day.  So I ordered their Huevos Rancheros topped with poached eggs.  It was so good!  The chorizo sausage was really spicy, making the rest of the dish spicy.  Good thing I can handle my spices!  The combination of the golden yellow/orange egg yolks, with sausage and the salsa was like a flavor explosion in my mouth each time I had a bite!
Huevos Rancheros










I'm so glad Goody's decided to open on Saturdays now.  This means I can continue to try the rest of their menu!  I promise on the next visit I will order a burger!

Goody's Diner 17-133 Manville Rd.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 9am-7pm
Phone: 647-348-9338

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...