Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Queen's Pasta Cafe

I have to start this post off by mentioning that this is not my first time eating at Queen's Pasta Cafe.  Normally my posts are of restaurants that I visit for the first time.  But since this is the first time that I have visited Queen's Pasta after starting this blog, I figured this counts as a "first time".  I have eaten at this restaurant many times before and loved it every single time.  This is the restaurant which introduced to me what al dente pasta tastes like.  Their pastas are fresh homemade pastas that are made on site.  Across the street they have a store where you can buy their pastas to cook at home.  But I've never actually seen the store open for business.  Even when the store hours say they're open, it's always closed.

Even with all the love I have for this restaurant, I'm sad that my post about it will be a bad one.  This last visit, wasn't horrible, but wasn't good either.  My pasta was overcooked, my hubby and cousin's lobster was overcooked, the sauce in that pasta tasted funny (like a Chinese herbal soup), and my other cousin's veal was dry.  Dessert was passable too. We ordered a slice of lemon tart. The lemon filling had just enough tartness, but unfortunately it had a metallic after taste as well. What is it that gives it a metallic taste? I must do some googling to find out.

I assume this was just a bad day for them.  Out of my numerous visits here, this has been the only bad time.  This one visit will not deter me from visiting again in the future. 

Pasta Primevara in Lemon Garlic Sauce

Porchini Fettucine & Seafood in Brandy Sauce
Veal Parmigana





Lemon Tart































Queen's Pasta Cafe
2263 Bloor St West, Toronto
416-766-0993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...