Wednesday, October 24, 2012

IÖGO Yogurt

I normally try and update my blogs in chronological order of when I visited a restaurant, or cooked a dish or tried a new food.  IÖGO yogurt has made break my process!  This yogurt is completely DISGUSTING!  I got 2 of the regular single serving yogurts from my mother in law.  Flavours were kind of strange to begin with.  One was a pineapple coconut, the other was peach passionfruit.  I tried the pineapple coconut first.  Smelled decent, colour was ok and had little chunks of pineapple in it.  I found it too sweet, fake sweetener sweet and oh my was it liquidy!  I'm not sure if its because I normally eat Greek yogurt now, or what.  The consistency of this was more like a watered down smoothie!

A few days later I ate the peach passionfruit yogurt.  I really didn't want to, I told the hubby to eat it, but he kept delaying it.  And no, it's not because I grossed him out by telling him how bad the first one was, it's just that he's too forgetful.  I open up the yogurt and am surprised with this weird pinkish orangish colour.  It's so weird I had a hard time describing it to the hubby, closest I got was maybe a peach or skin coloured crayon.  I really should haven taken a picture.  How can this company claim that they don't use artificial colours?  There's no pink in peach OR passionfruit.  DISGUSTING!

I really did want to like this product because of all their healthy claims and funky branding.  I guess I'll stay with my trusty Greek yogurt from Liberte or Kirkland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...