Friday, April 18, 2014

Calabria Bakery

This bakery is located in a plaza that I didn't even know existed.  Ok, thats an exaggeration, but there's nothing really in the plaza that necessary will draw people in, so I never went to the plaza.  So thats why I never noticed the bakery there before.  The reason why I even heard of this bakery was actually through a 'best donuts' thread on Chowhound.  Within that thread, it mentioned that not only does Calabria Bakery make awesome donuts, but they also do great pizza.  Since I had a craving for pizza, off we went.

We ordered a margherita, and the other one I kinda forgot.  The oven was not a stone oven.  But from what I read, their Scarborough location does use a stone oven.  Sounds like the pizza there may potentially have a better crust.  Overall, the pizza here was passable.  I was disappointed their their margarita pizza didn't have fresh basil on it, and the cheese just looked like shredded mozzarella, not fresh mozzarella.  Thats what makes a margherita pizza does it not?  The other pizza was just overly salty in my opinion.

Margherita Pizza

Other Pizza



















Donuts for dessert!  I have a bad memory, so I can't remember the flavour of one of the donuts.  The other one was strawberry filled.  The donuts themselves, minus the toppings/fillings were so good!  I love yeast donuts, so light and fluffy.  The icing on one of the donuts were too sweet though.  And the jam filling was a bit artificial, tasting.  If they improve the quality of the fillings/toppings, they would make an amazing donut for sure!
Donuts











Calabria Bakery
5694 Highway 7 E
Markham, ON
L3P 0E3

905-471-1033

Hours:  Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
             Saturday 8am - 7pm

http://www.calabriabakery.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...