Thursday, April 3, 2014

Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers

It's nearing the end of the school term.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel sort of, not really.  This week, and the next 2 weeks will be pretty hectic for me.  So I didn't think I would be blogging again until a few weeks later.  But after eating my lunch, I felt obligated to post, to prevent all of you from eating this junk.

 I have a coworker that loves to eat these funny looking frozen dinners.  She said that they're sooooo good. The combination of this is soooo good, plus my head being stuck in presentations and studying the textbooks is exactly why I bought some Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers to keep in the freezer.  That and I had coupons.  I think these Gourmet Steamers ended up being $1 or $2 each.  Last night was a day where we didn't have enough leftovers from dinner to pack a lunch for the next day.  So perfect opportunity to give this frozen dinner a try.

The idea of it is great.  The pasta, meat and veggies are separate from the sauce which keeps the pasta from going mushy.  Again, idea and design of the container is great.  While the food was nuking in the microwave, it smelled pretty good too.  It's not until I took it out of the microwave that my appetite began to decrease.  It looked kinda gross to be honest with you.  I was hoping that once I mix the sauce it, it would be better.  Nope.  Just as bad, just with sauce on it.  I tried a piece of the chicken, made me think of a news article I read a few years ago.  It was about pieces of meat, that used some sort of glue to reform them into 'whole' pieces of meat.   Needless to say, it was not a very enjoyable lunch.  I really should just cook a bit more pasta next time I make it for dinner, and portion it for lunches and freeze it.  My very own, healthier version of 'frozen dinner'.  So please don't buy it.......it's not even worth paying a $1 for.

Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamer - Pre Mix

Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamer - Post Mix







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...