Monday, March 9, 2015

Bread-Stuff Bakery - CLOSED

The North York area (north part)  is in a dire need of a good bakery.  Most 'bakeries' in the area purchase baked goods from other bakeries and re-sell them.  Or theres Chinese bakeries that sell mostly buns and egg tarts.  Now that I've moved out of North York, Bread-Stuff Bakery opens.  I found this place by looking up places that use organic flour (while I was still on my elimination diet).  I have been back several times since to try their breads, and croissants.  Everything was very good.  No complaints at all.  The croissant was flakey buttery.  Their breads are of the artisan style, light and fluffy on the inside with a nice crust on the outside.  The first loaf of bread I bought was a olive ciabatta.  I pretty much ate half the loaf sitting there waiting for the the hubby to finish his lunch, which was something that was similar to a spanakopita, beef filled.  The second time we went I ordered a brie sandwich which came in a baguette, with sun dried tomato,  spinach and olive tapenade.  My only complaint is that I thought they would heat up the sandwich, but they didn't.  So I asked them to and they gladly did it for me.  But I just wish I didn't have to ask.  The hubby liked those beef spanakopitas so much he ate TWO!  I have yet to try their muffins and danishes which look delicious too.  They have a good variety of options of everything.

Not a very large space, just 3 small bistro tables with 2 chairs each, and a standing counter by the window.  But it's never been too busy for me to eat a quick lunch.

Muffins, Danishes, Croissants

Beef Spanakopita

Olive Ciabatta

Croissant - reheated at home




































Bread-Stuff Bakery
2885 Bayview Ave.,  Retail Unit #2
North York, ON
M2K 0A3

Phone:  416-733-2885

Hours: Monday - Friday 7a - 7p
            Saturday 8a - 5p
            Sunday 10a - 4p

http://bread-stuff.ca

2 comments:

  1. Any idea where they've moved to? Stopped by yesterday and they are gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I had no idea they were closed. I've just updated my post. I tried to see if I could find another address anywhere, but nothing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...