Thursday, May 7, 2015

Duo Patisserie

French pastries in Richmond Hill?!?!?  Something that I never would have thought would actually happen.  Super duper excited, but I was still on my Elimination Diet, so I had to wait.  I waited until I was in the food introduction phase.  Croissants and coffee here I come!

My first visit was a late afternoon on Sunday.  There wasn't ANYTHING left, except for macarons.  No croissants, no cakes.  So I ordered a coffee and then my jaw dropped open.  They have the Modbar.....so pretty....so ridiculous expensive for an expresso machine.  My flat white was pretty smooth, but the hubby's cappuccino was a bit sour at the end.  Not sure if it was the bean it self...or just a pull that wasn't done that well.
Modbar











We returned so we could try the pastries.  The mont blanc, everyone raves a bout.  I loved it because I like chestnut.  The base is a butter tart, with a sponge/pound cake 'insert'.  Guess to prevent a soggy tart shell?  Whipped cream piled up inside, with pureed chestnut piping on the outside.  We also picked up a lemon tart.  Same base, but lemon custard filling.  Just the right amount of lemon and tartness.  The last was a sort of chocolate mousse on a crispy wafer kind of base.  The flavour of it was very similar to the Ferrero Rocher chocolate, with the addition of toasted black and white sesame seeds.  Overall pretty good pastries, good flavours and not overly sweet.
Pastries











For the bakery items, my food boyfriend was kind enough to pick up some croissants for us to try.  I have to say, look wise, they are beautiful, exactly what I envision for a croissant.  Taste and texture wise, it was a bit of a miss for me.  Now, this is all personal preference.  I found there to be less butter taste than croissants I have tried elsewhere.  And texture wise, I found it to be a little bready.  With that being said, both my food boyfriend and the hubby prefer this croissant over other bakeries.  Note, I didn't get to try the other 2 flavours, this was a picture that was sent to me by a friend, since we dug in to the croissant before I remembered to take a picture.
Croissants











A few weeks later, I did try a citrus round croissant type thing, it wasn't called a croissant though.  I wish I remember the name.  But this had amazing butter flavour, and was flakey enough for my liking.

Duo Patisserie
4, 230 Commerce Valley Dr E.,
Markham, ON
L3T 7Y3

Phone:  905-763-2232

http://www.duo-patisserie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...