Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mama Bear Taiwanese Cuisine - CLOSED

It was a cold night, very cold night.  We needed some hot comfort food.  And hot comfort food we found.  Just be prepared to NOT find any available parking.  I drove around the parking lot THREE times and then finally found a spot!  Inside Mama Bear, it was completely full.  Good thing the hubby got there and grabbed us the last table (we went separately because of separate afternoon errands).  Everyone else that walked after me had to wait for a table.   

We ordered pan fried buns, duck soup, deep fried intestines, beef noodle and popcorn chicken meal.  The pan fried buns were similar to pan fried pot stickers but just with a thicker dumpling wrapper.  Filling was pork.  I think I prefer normal pot stickers more because of the thinner skin. 
Pan Fried Buns











The Mama Bear duck soup is only offered in the winter.  From what arrived at our table, I think there’s half a duck that has been chopped up, and boiled with lots of goji berries, ginger and some chinese medicinal herbs.  Tasted very good. 
Duck Soup











The deep fried intestines, bleh……I tried one…..because I used to like them as a kid.  Once I learned what it was, I stopped eating them.  And I never ate them again till now.  And I can confirm that I will never try them again.  My friend and the hubby devoured the entire plate.
Deep Fried Intestines











What best describes Taiwanese food?  Beef noodle soup and popcorn chicken.  I think I forgot to find the picture of beef noodle soup.  The beef was very good, tender, but not quite falling apart.  The broth is slightly different than other places, there was a bit of a Chinese herbal smell and taste.  After a few bites, you get used to the herbalness, and enjoy it either more.  The popcorn chicken was so good.  The chunks were nice and big, with a slight coating on the outside.  Because it was a meal, it came with a few veggie sides, soy sauce boiled egg, bowl of rice, bowl of veggie soup and some orange slices for dessert.  Definitely order it again next time we go.
Popcorn Chicken Meal













Mama Bear Taiwanese Cuisine
324 Hwy 7 E, #7
Richmond Hill, ON
L4B 1A6

Phone:  905-597-7770

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 10:00pm, except Wednesday CLOSED

https://www.facebook.com/mamabearrichmondhill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...