Saturday, November 7, 2015

mon K Patisserie

My friend, who lives in the neighborhood has asked me several times if I’ve tried mon K’s Patisserie.  The answer was always no because I’m never in her neighborhood!  Aside from visiting her, there’s really not much of a reason for me to go into that area.  But once the opportunity opened up, I stopped by mon K. 

Mon K is a small Japanese owned bakery/patisserie/café.  With it being located in the area that it’s located in, I was very surprised with the number of Japanese people sitting in there early in the morning, enjoying their coffee, eating their pastry, and reading the newspapers.  The store itself is small, just a few tables.  I’m not sure if it’s because I went so early, but their selection was pretty good.  I picked up a few plain croissants, some chocolate croissants, some almond croissants, and a hazelnut twist.   Because I gave most of them away, I only got to try a plain croissant, and the hazelnut twist.  I actually couldn’t wait, and ended up eating the plain croissant in the car right after I picked it up.  Both were nice and buttery, and flakey.  The hazelnut twist, because I didn't eat it until the day after, I reheated in my brand new toaster oven!  The hazelnut twist reminded me of a Ferrero Rocher in croissant form.  Delicious!
Fresh Croissant

Reheated Hazelnut Twist



















This little patisserie has a lot more to offer then croissants, they have little cakes and cookies too, of which I didn't get a chance to try.  Until next time.....

mon K Patisserie
1040 Coxwell Ave.,
Toronto, ON
M4C 3G5

Phone:  (416) 696-8181

Hours:  Monday CLOSED
             Tuesday - Thursday 9:00a - 4:30p
             Friday - Saturday 9:00a - 5:00p
             Sunday CLOSED

http://www.monkpatisserie.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...