Saturday, January 16, 2016

La Boheme Cafe

We had a friend come back from Hong Kong, and brought her coffee loving husband along to check out Toronto.  So I was going to take them to De MelloPalheta, my favorite coffee house uptown, but my friend overheard that I haven’t tried La Boheme Cafe and its on my to try list, she said we should check it out.

The inside of La Boheme is quite large, with plenty of tables for people to sit.  At the counter, behind the glass case, there were plenty of desserts and sandwiches to choose from.  I ordered a croissant and latte (they don’t do flat whites), the hubby ordered a spinach and cheese pastry/croissant and espresso macchiato.  The friends got a regular coffee and café au lait.

I’m not even sure I feel like going into detail about the coffee or food.  It was disappointing overall.  The latte lacked much coffee flavour, my friend said that her café au lait was disgusting.  The regular coffee took the longest to arrive.  The friend’s husband who loves coffee said that his coffee was ok, but then my friend said he also liked Tim Hortons coffee.  So loves to drink coffee, any type of coffee kind of guy I guess.  My croissant was large, but bready, not so buttery.  Hubby’s spinach and cheese croissant, they gave him a ham and cheese instead……when they changed it for him, I took a bite and it was like bread with spinach and cheese inside, nothing remotely like a croissant. Friend also ordered a blueberry tart and a macaron of some sort.  They didn’t finish either dessert.  I’m taking it as it wasn’t very good.   When I was paying for our food, I noticed a sign saying that the bread was from another bakery…..made me wonder if all of the breads and pastries are brought in from elsewhere…..  They do open pretty late for a bakery, so it only makes me assume all baked goods are brought in from elsewhere.
Latte & Crossisant











So if you’re in the area, skip La Boheme, and go a few doors north to De Mello Palheta where they have great coffee and cook their own baked goods!

La Boheme Cafe
2481 Yonge St.,
Toronto, ON
M4P 2H6

Phone:  (416) 489-2233

Hours:  Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm
             Saturday CLOSED
             Sunday 9:00am - 7:00pm

http://labohemecafe.ca (Not sure if the website is broken, but when I last checked it doesn't load)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...