Saturday, May 7, 2016

Torteria San Cosme

Mexican street style sandwiches, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I've never had them before.  I know that Mexican food has good flavour from all the spices that are used.  And I love me some good tacos.  And if there's good bread, I love sandwiches.  So I figured these tortas can't be bad.

We went on a Saturday aiming for when they first open in the morning.  And I'm glad we did, because it was almost full seating wise, with a short lineup at the cash.  You order at the cash and you sit anywhere you can find a spot.  I gave my hubby my order and found the last couple of stools available.  It felt like an eternity before he was able to pay.  There were maybe 2 people in front of him?  He came back and told me that he would give the order, then the cashier would repeat the order very slowly, and my hubby confirmed the order, then the cashier would then punch in the order, the cashier would then get drinks, then tell my hubby the total, hubby would then pay.  Everything just felt like it was moving in slow motion.  We ordered a horchata, a raspberry drink, a cubana, albondigas, and a pollo con mole.

The horchata was delicious.  Best horchata i've ever had.  It was thick and creamy with the perfect amount of spices in there.  The raspberry drink actually turned out to be watermelon drink.  I just took one sip, but it was good, tasted like fresh watermelon blended.

The cubana sandwich was our favourite.  It had the most amount of flavour.  We ordered this one because other reviews said it was a must order.  The cubana has smoked ham, adobo pork, bacon, gouda, avocado, mustard, and tomato.
Cubana










The albondigas I wasn't a fan of, not because I didn't like the flavours, but because i'm not a fan of meatball/sausages to begin with.  The hubby for some reason loves those kinds of sandwiches.  The albondigas has beef pork meatballs, morita tomato salsa, chihuahua cheese, avocado and roasted jalapeños.  Because of the jalapeños, there was a bit of a kick.
Albondigas










I usually love chicken mole, but this one was really bland for me.  I don't know if it was because the cubana had so much flavour, so it make the mole sauce taste bland, or if it was just under seasoned.  The poll con mole had chicken, mole, crema, cotija cheese, and red onions.
Pollo Con Mole










I would love to come back and try their other offerings, fair price for the size of sandwich that you get.  I just hope that they work out their cash line kinks.  Their horchata on a hot summer day......can't wait.

Torteria San Cosme
181 Baldwin St.,
Toronto, ON
M5T 1L9

Phone:  (416) 599-2855

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11a - 8p
             Friday - Saturday 11a - 10p
             Sunday 11a - 6p

http://www.sancosme.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...