Monday, December 12, 2016

Allwyn's Bakery

From what I've found online, Allwyn's Bakery has been around for a very long time, and is a staple for anyone that loves Jamaican patties.  When I have cravings for Jamaican patties, if I'm at work, my coworker takes me to this place that's close by her house.  The name escapes me at the moment.  If I'm at home, I used to go to Allan's Pastry Shop inside Peanut Plaza.  But as of the last couple of years, it seems like Allan's started skimp out on the fillings.  Not only is the filling less, but it looks and tastes like there's more filler, cornstarchy gumminess, and minimal meat.  I have to say, their outside is still nice and flakey though, which I love.

Allwyn's Bakery's Jamaican patties are a bit different than Allan's.  The outside is less flakey, and more like a cross between a pie dough and the normal Jamaican patty exterior.  There is a good amount of filling whether it is chicken or beef (we got one of each), and the filling is actual meat, not much in terms of fillers.  You can see the actual meat pieces.
Chicken & Beef Patties

Chicken Patty (inside)

Beef Patty (inside)



























I personally prefer the flakier crust, but the fact that Allwyn's has a better filling, I think I would get my patties from Allwyn's now.  Allwyn's also does many other dishes (i.e. Jerk), but I didn't try those, so I can't comment on those dishes.

Allwyn's Bakery
81 Underhill Dr.
Toronto, ON
M3A 1K8

Phone:  (647) 847-4698

Hours:  Monday - Friday 11:00a - 10:00p
             Saturday 11:30a - 10:00p
             Sunday  12:00p - 10:00p

https://www.facebook.com/Allwyns-Bakery-732508286790526/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...