Thursday, December 1, 2016

Funky Munky Cafe

By the name, you would never guess that this is a cafe.  And when you make the trip to visit Funky Munky, don't assume that it's just a normal coffee shop.  It totally isn't.  I made the mistake of telling my husband to put in my order for a latte while I setup my notebook to do some catch up blogging.  The owner of Funky Munky, who was behind the counter, called me over and explained their menu to us.  Funky Munky's drink options are I guess what you can call more Asian based.  They do offer coffee, but they also do bubble teas, and milk teas.  In the end I ordered a tea latte.  Funky Munky has their own special blend of black tea as the base of the tea latte, and then they add frothed milk to give it a latte like feeling.  The tea was really good, fragrant, and strong.  It tastes like a Hong Kong styled milk tea, but lighter because of the frothed milk instead of using normal dense evaporated milk.
Tea Latte













I wish that Funky Munky opened while I was still living in the neighbourhood.  Now it's a bit of a trek to get up there, but I will try.

Funky Munky Cafe
9275 Markham Rd. Unit #7,
Markham, ON
L6E 1A1

Phone:  (905) 201-0FMC

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 1000a - 1000p
             Friday - Saturday 1000a - 1200a
             Sunday 1200p - 1000p

http://funkymunky.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...