Friday, May 12, 2017

Busters Sea Cove - Yorkville

I have come to realize I'm horrible at blogging.  I wish I could be like those other bloggers that have the time to blog about a new food or a new restaurant they ate at as soon I get home.  But there's so many other things I need to do!  Fellow bloggers, any tips on how I could find the time to blog sooner?  And when I do get the chance to blog, I blog a whole bunch at once just to catch up.

Yorkville is a horrible location for affordable good eats in my opinion.  Around the Yonge and Bloor area, it's mostly chains.  Within Yorkville, the prices for a meal are sky high for mostly mediocre food at best.  So when I spotted Busters Sea Cover open on Yonge St., I was elated.  One of my favourite seafood spots, in an area I frequent (instead of having to go down to St. Lawrence Market to satisfy my seafood cravings).  I ordered my usual, grilled calamari & salad, hubby ordered fish and chips (I can't remember if it was cod or halibut), and aunt ordered the lobster roll.  Hubby's fish and chips were great as usual.  Crispy batter, and moist fish on the inside.  The lobster roll, my aunt was quite pleased with.  After biting into the roll, she said, wow it's real lobster!  The fries unfortunately were mostly too salty, for both the fish and the lobster roll.  A little to heavy handed with the salt that day I guess.  As much as I love my calamari, I have to say this time, it felt that the calamari wasn't very fresh.  It was also a bit chewier than the norm.  Salad was fresh and tasty.  So I'm not sure if it was an off day for the calamari, or if I would need to still make the trek down to the St. Lawrence Market to satisfy my craving.
Grilled Calamari on Salad

Fish & Chips

Lobster Roll & Fries




























Side note, the guy that used to man Buster's down at the Market is now manning the Yorkville spot.  

Busters Sea Cove - Yorkville
876 Yonge St.,
Toronto, ON
M4W 2J1

Phone:  (416) 551-9444

Hours:  Mon - Sat 1100a - 900p
             Sun CLOSED

http://busters-seacove.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...