Friday, May 12, 2017

Himalayan Coffee House

I needed to go pick up some lotion, and I wanted some coffee.  And thats when I remembered (from a super long time ago), that a friend recommended that I check this place out.  And usually if I'm in the area, I beeline it to my favourite coffee house, De Mello Palheta.  What interested me in Himalayan Coffee House were the latte art pictures that I saw on Yelp.  I was super excited to see what kind of fancy latte art I would get!

So for lunch, I ordered a grilled cheese with cheddar and a latte.  The hubby ordered the naan panini with chicken, and a flat white.  When our coffees came, I was disappointed.  We got normal boring old latte art.  Blah.  But at least the coffee tasted good.  Just strong enough for me, without leaving any strong after tastes.  My grilled cheese was disappointing.  It was 2 slices of white bread, with a slice of processed Kraft singles cheese, put in a panini press.  I guess I should have known based on the price of the sandwich.  Super disappointing.  It came with a side of tomato relish/salsa, so that saved it a tiny bit.  Hubby's naan panini was pretty good.  There was chicken in a type of curry mayo sauce, and spinach.
Himalayan Java House Lunch Picks










Come for the coffee, and not so much for their grilled cheese sandwiches.  There were also sweets options, we just didn't try them.  Also, I'm confused whether this is named Himalayan Java House, or Himalayan Coffee House.  Signage says Java, their Facebook page says Coffee.

Himalayan Coffee House
2552 Yonge St.,
Toronto, ON
M4P 2J2

Phone: (416) 485-6464

Hours:  Monday - Saturday 800a - 600p
             Sunday 800a - 500p

https://www.facebook.com/himalayancoffeeinc/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...