Thursday, June 8, 2017

Douce France

I have been looking for the best croissant in town for a very long time.  A lot of the times the croissants I come across are just too bready.  I've never made croissants, and not sure if I would want to try since it involves so much work, so I'm just not sure why some would turn out bready.  Is it the flour?  Is it because the dough hasn't relaxed enough?  Other times, the croissants just don't have that rich buttery flavour.  And when I mean rich buttery flavour, it doesn't mean that the croissant has to be leaking out butter and covering my hands and mouth with greasiness.

I recall reading about Douce France a while ago, not necessarily for their croissants, but for their chocolates.  But within that article I recall (the many things that I don't remember nowadays but I remember random things that I should be saving that brain space for more important things) that Douce France made croissants too.  So while I was running errands in the area, I made the hubby go in and pick up some croissants to try.  These croissants were amazing!  Light and flakey and full of buttery goodness!  I'm pretty sure that it partly had to do with them being fresh from the oven as well.    I wish that I lived closer so I could eat these croissants whenever I wanted.  But I'm sure my pants love that I live that far away.
Croissant











Douce France
2471 Yonge Street,
Toronto, ON 
M4P 2H6

Phone:  (647) 348-7661

Hours:  Monday CLOSED
             Tuesday - Friday 830a - 700p
             Saturday 830a - 630p
             Sunday 830a - 600p

http://www.doucefrance.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...