Saturday, December 16, 2017

Double D's

Get your mind out of the gutter people!  This is about pizza, Chicago deep dish style pizza!  We attempted to do dine in for this pizza, but holy moly it was way too busy.  So that day we ditched the idea altogether, and ate something else.  But this time we planned ahead and decided to order takeout.  I know that it's not the same as dining in when it's fresh.  But there's no way I'm waiting 2 hours for a table and then another 30+ minutes for a pizza.  We called ahead and ordered a small Chicago Classic which has pepperoni, sausage and tons of cheese.  The small size could easily feed 3 hungry adults I think, it's so heavy.  We had this for dinner, and reheated it in the oven.  The crust is nothing like the ones from Chicago.  This is more bready/cracker like, whereas I remember the ones from Chicago being a bit more buttery/cookie/tart like.  Filling wise, there was tons of it.  Lots of meats and cheese.  In my opinion, too much.  Surprisingly it wasn't overly salty as something so meat heavy usually is salty to me.
Small Chicago Classic

Slice of Chicago Classic



















Overall, I'm not sure I would go back.  I think it was more of a one time novelty thing.  I personally much prefer lighter, simpler margherita pizzas.

Double D's Pizza
1020 Gerrard St. E.,
Toronto, ON
M4M 1Z5

Phone:  (416) 727-5411

Hours:  Monday - Tuesday CLOSED
             Wednesday - Thursday 1100a - 1200a
             Friday - Saturday 1100a - 200a

http://doubledspizzas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...