Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Boar Sandwiches


Sandwiches, sometimes you just have a craving for a really good sandwich.  I’m not talking about a cold deli sandwich.  I’m talking about a piping hot sandwich.  I looked my trusty Yelp app, and initially all I could find was the Black Camel.  I know a lot of people who love the sandwiches at Black Camel, but I don’t know, I wasn’t a huge fan of it.  I then saw Boar.  Don't be fooled and think that Boar only offers pork options!  They have chicken, beef, pork and veggie options.  Pick your meat (or veggies) and your toppings to make your own sandwich, done.  

The decor is a bit lacking, concrete everything.  Kind of makes you feel like you're in an unfinished basement, or jail cell.  But the smells of barbeque made everything all better.  I chose chicken topped with tomato sauce and arugula.  The hubby got steak (I don't see steak as an option on their website, but I'm pretty sure he didn't order the veal) topped with arugula aioli and mushrooms.  We had to wait around 10 minutes for the sandwiches to be prepared, a sign the meat is only cooked after you order.  The bun was like a ciabatta bun, so it was crispy on the outside, and slightly chewy on the inside, which I loved.  The meats were grilled really well, had good char, and juicy on the inside.  I liked the beef over the chicken, just by a slight margin.  We also got a side order of the roasted potatoes.  They were AMAZING!  Super crispy on the outside and super soft and fluffy on the inside.  The only downside was that the portion size was a bit small for the price we paid.
Sandwiches and Roasted Potatoes











Boar Sandwiches
3 Glebe Rd. East,
Toronto, ON
M4S 1N7

Phone:  (416) 482-1616

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 11a - 8p

http://www.boarsandwiches.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...