Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dessert Yogurt

As i'm writing this entry, I have to admit I'm not fully paying attention.  I'm writing this with a gorgeous lake view in front of me.  But this weekend is a good time for me to catch up on all my posts.  There's not much to do here, so it's super relaxing!

Yogurt, ever since my detox diet, I have been consuming huge amounts of it.  I prefer Greek yogurt, but its so expensive.  So to cut down on the costs, I buy both Greek and normal yogurt, and do a half half mix.  I then top off the yogurt with some fresh fruit and quinoa granola (found the recipe in Jillian Michael's cookbook).  I'll post up the

But the point of my blog is actually to complain about the lack of dessert yogurt flavour available in Toronto.  When I made a trip down to Buffalo, I was able to find a variety of dessert yogurt flavours at the local Walmart.  I brought back lemon meringue pie and key lime pie flavours to try.  The lemon meringue pie flavour was so good!  Tasted exactly like lemon meringue pie filling.  Great for a real pie dessert substitute, much healthier.  The key lime pie flavour tasted like lime jello.  It didn't taste very good, very artificial tasting. 

While on my weekly grocery run, I noticed Yoplait carries a lemon parfait yogurt.  I thought, since the US flavors were by Yoplait, and this one was by Yoplait that it would be the same.  I was very wrong.  I don't even know how to describe it.  The flavours were so weird.  Now I don't know what to do with whats left of it.  I guess I could dilute it with some vanilla yogurt to make it taste better.  Guess I'll have to bring back yogurts whenever I cross the boarder.....

Yogurts












Jillian Michaels Quinoa Granola
  • 1 cup quinoa (uncooked, rinsed and drained)
  • 1/4 cup whole flaxseed
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 tbs olive oil

  • I added some cinnamon in for extra flavor as well.

    Mix all the ingredients together, spread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 375 deg oven until slightly browned.

    Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...