Saturday, June 23, 2012

糖醋排骨 (Sweet Vinegar Spare Ribs)

My hubby loves this recipe.  He loves ribs in general.  But as for Chinese style cooked ribs, he says he likes 糖醋排骨 more than black bean steamed spare ribs.  So I tend to make 糖醋排骨 more.  I have tried various recipes that I found online, but none of them taste as good as my mom's!  So I had to ask my mom for the recipe.  And here is it to share with all of you!

Ingredients:
500g Spare Ribs
6 Slices Ginger
2 Green Onions
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
100ml Chi Kang Vinegar
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Chinese Cooking Wine
30g Sugar

1. Pan fry the ribs until nicely browned and remove from heat.
2. Pan fry the garlic, ginger, onions until lightly browned and add soy sauce, vinegar, chicken stock and cooking wine and sugar.  Bring mixture to boil.
3. Return ribs to sauce and lower heat to a simmer.  Simmer for 1 hour.

I made some changes when I made the ribs.  Instead of pan frying the ribs, to stay a bit healthier I boiled the ribs in water instead.  This way can get out the excess fat.  Instead of Chinese cooking wine, I used a dry white wine because thats all I had in the house.  And instead of chicken stock, I used normal water.  I suspect I lost some flavor but seemed ok to me.

糖醋排骨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...