Thursday, November 1, 2012

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

I'm still on the hunt for a new burger restaurant.  My beloved Goody's Diner closed a few months ago.  I finally got a chance to go check out Five Guys (since my friend keeps saying how good it is) one Friday during lunch.  From what I remember, prices started around $6.xx for a hamburger.  Pretty pricey in my opinion for JUST a burger, no drink or fries.  However, I was reminded how expensive fast food places are nowadays.  I ordered the burger, friend ordered the the cheeseburger and fries.  Good thing we shared the fries.  Seems like what they do is scoop a paper cup full of fries, put cup in bag, and scoop more fries into the bag.  Too much!

Burger wise, when you order you specify toppings you want.  Unlike most other fast food places, there's no additional cost for the toppings.  There's even sautéed mushrooms and onions!  It's not just the regular ketchup, mustard, lettuce and tomato!  When they called my number to pick up my burger, i grabbed the bag and thought......WHAT THE HECK?!  Did they put in 2 burgers?  I peered inside the bag and saw one.  I sat down and opened it up and it's double patties.  That explains the weight!  Taste of the beef was BLAND.  No seasoning, not much beef flavour.  I guess compared to other fast food places, it's not bad.  But it's just not the same as Goody's :(.

Burger

Cheese Burger



















Five Guys Burgers and Fries
http://www.fiveguys.com/locations.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...