Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Beast: Donuts

I have been to The Beast once before, after one of my 10k runs (to re-fuel) for brunch.  I had no idea The Beast made donuts until a friend bought us two to try.  We got to sample the margherita and the maple bacon.  The texture of the donut is not like a typical donut.  It seemed more like a light airy and slightly sweet bread.

The margherita had a lime glaze on top and was filled with a lime custard.  So yummy and tangy and custardy.  The fact that the base of the donut wasn't too sweet  worked well with the sweet glaze.  The maple bacon donut when I first looked at it, I thought it was a coconut donut.  The crumbled bits of donut looked like toasted coconut shavings.  I thought I would hate the combination of meat and donut.  But it was delicious, better than the margherita.

Maple Bacon Donut (left), Margherita Donut (right)










The Beast
96 Tecumseth St.
Toronto, ON M6J 2H1
Hours: Monday & Tuesday CLOSED
              Wednesday & Thursday 5pm - 9pm
              Friday 5pm - 10pm
              Saturday 11am - 3pm, 5pm - 10pm
              Sunday 10am - 3pm
http://thebeastrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...