Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dr. Oetker Mug Cake

I really am not a fan of 'instant' cakes.  Growing up, yes my mom did buy us cake mix for when we wanted to bake.  But now, I don't buy any of those.  If want to eat cake, I'll bake it from scratch.  I tried Dr. Oetker's Mug Cake because I had a coupon for it.  The coupon was for a free box of the mug cake mix.  So I thought, might as well give it a try.
Dr. Oetker Mug Cake













The cake mix was simple and quick to 'make' and 'bake'.  This is way faster than those regular cake mixes.  All you need to do for the mug cake is to grease a mug with butter, pour in the mix, add 1/4 cup of milk and mix.  'Bake' it in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds.  It definitely gets points for the easy factor.  The only way easier to get cake would be to buy a ready make cake.

Look and taste wise, thats a different story.  After 'baking' in the microwave, the mug cake looks like the picture below.  It's pretty ugly.  So many holes all over the top makes it look like it was overcooked doesn't it?  But it's not.  It's pretty moist inside.  What I really didn't like is the fact that the cake sticks to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter.  There's also a fake sugary sweetness to it.
Dr. Oetker Mug Cake











I definitely will not buy this product in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...