Thursday, September 19, 2013

St. Lawrence Market - Buster's Sea Cove & Future Bakery


I had a great day planned out.  I had a day off from work and I was going to get a haircut, and join a friend for a late lunch at St. Lawrence Market.  The day started out great, until I get to the hair salon and the fire alarm goes off.  Turns out a water pipe burst in the basement which means that they needed to shut off the water.  While I was getting my hair cut, I see people getting their hair washed with bottles of spring water.  The worst part of my day was my hair cut itself.  Apparently my stylist didn't really know how to cut hair, and didn't understand what I wanted.  It was 3 hours of torture.

In the end I joined my friend wayyyy too late.  Good thing he was understanding.  So we met at the infamous Buster's Sea Cove at the St. Lawrence Market for lunch.  Even though it was 2 something in the afternoon, closer to 3, there was still a long lineup for food!  I ordered their shrimp po'boy.  The shrimp was perfectly deep fried and their sauce was just spicy enough, delicious!  
Shrimp Po'boy











For dessert, I wanted to get a Portuguese custard tart from Future Bakery, but they were sold out by the time I got there.  So I opted for a brownie.  The brownie which looked very good from behind the glass, was dry and crumbly and lacked the chocolatey goodness that a brownie should have.  I was very disappointed.  So avoid the chocolate brownie from Future Bakery!
Brownie













92 Front St E.,
Toronto, ON
M5E 1C3
416-392-7120

Hours: Tuesday - Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
             Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm
             Saturday 5:00am - 5:00pm
             Sunday & Monday CLOSED

http://www.stlawrencemarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...