Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Jelly Modern Donuts


Late night donut delivery!!!!  That is how I got to try my first Jelly Modern Donuts donut! Most of my friends know, that I’m really bad with my phone.  I don’t have it glued to me like most of my friends and family do.  When I’m at work it’s on my desk charging.  When I’m at home, it’s usually left in my purse.  So if you text me at night, I probably won’t see it until I’m at work the next morning.  You are better off calling me the old fashioned way…RING RING….RING RING……

My friend had sent me a FB message around 9pm asking if I was at home.  It wasn’t until my friend rang my doorbell and showed up with a donut for me and him telling me that he messaged me before I went to my phone to check.  Surprises are always nicer than pre-arranged things right?  For most people yes, but I think I prefer the latter.

The donut that I had gotten was maple cream (I originally thought it might have been maple bacon, missing the piece of bacon).  And it was HUGE!  I should have taken a picture of it with something as a size reference, but didn't think of it at the time.  My friend thought it was lemon cream, but there was no lemon flavor.  The base of the donut was good.  It’s a yeast based donut, so it was very light.  Exactly the kind of donut I like.  The only thing is, some parts of the donut tasted/felt kind of doughy.  Not sure if this particular one was slightly undercooked, or if the heavy maple cream sitting on it all day soaked into the donut too much.

Maple Cream Donut











While shopping at Holts (on Bloor) last weekend (mid August), Jelly Modern Donuts had setup a little stand upstairs on the second floor with donut centres to sample, and donuts to sell.  Sampling the donut hole, made me want to eat a donut.  So we bought the Oreo one.  The size of this donut was significantly smaller than the one my friend brought over.  Not sure if they have adjusted the size, or if they just made it smaller to sell at Holts.  But nevertheless, this donut base was very good!   The Oreo frosting was too sweet for me though.  I think I would prefer it if they came out with a plain donut.

Jelly Modern Donuts
376 College Street,
Toronto, ON
M5T 1S6
416-962-2053

Hours: Monday Pre-ordered pickups only
            Tuesday - Thursday 7am-8pm
            Friday 7am-9pm
            Saturday 10am-9pm
            Sunday 11am-8pm

http://jellymoderndoughnuts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...