Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Roselle Desserts


Mmmm dessert, my fave…..  Desserts that are different, unique, even better.  Roselle is a new bakery that opened not too long ago in the East end.  What makes them so unique to me, is that the desserts they make are just slightly different than the standard cakes.  Their éclairs is not just the éclair with French cream and glazed with chocolate, it’s a banana cream éclair.  In my opinion, a welcome change to the standard éclair.  Along with the éclair, I got to try an earl grey shortbread cookie, which was good and buttery flavoured, but not enough earl grey flavour.  Yes I can see the tea leaves, but if it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t have known.  Their mango mousse cake had very good mango and coconut flavour.  Very rich an smooth, but also light.  It didn’t sit super heavy in the stomach after.  My favourite was the crepe cake.  The crepe cake is exactly the way that it sounds.  It’s many many layers of crepe, with a layer of cream in between.  I unfortunately ate the cake too late, after dinner (I bought it late afternoon), the brulee top softened.  There was no way I could get it crispy again.  Next time I buy it again, I will make sure to eat it right away.  Just a note, they only make the crepe cakes on the weekends.

Earl Grey Shortbread Cookie & Banana Cream Eclair

Crepe Cake and Mango Mousse Cake



















Roselle Desserts
362 King St. E.,
Toronto, ON
M5A 1K9

Phone: (416) 368-8188

Hours:  Monday Closed
             Tuesday - Friday 11:00am - 7:00pm
             Saturday - Sunday 12:00pm - 7:00pm

http://www.roselleto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...