Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Alchemy Coffee

I have been complaining about the lack of independent coffee shops in the York Region in almost forever.  I always think to myself that if I won the lottery, I would love to open small coffee shop/cafe just to pass time.  So when I heard about Alchemy Coffee, I was super excited to give it a try.  Just nice to have a choice/option of not having to go to Starbucks or Timmys.

When we arrived at Alchemy Coffee, it was pretty full in there.  The tables were all taken, and people were sitting at the counter seating overlooking the parking lot.  All of the people sitting down were eating breakfast/brunch consisting of eggs, bread and french fries alongside a cup of coffee.   Good thing I was just looking for a cup of joe to go.  Trying to get a table to sit, wouldn't happen anytime soon.  So I ordered my usual latte, and the hubby I think got a flat white or a macchiato.  I can't remember, and apparently I only took a picture of my drink.  We ordered and had to wait a LONG time for our drinks.  I don't know if it was because they were still new at doing what they do, but for coffee, I think it was way too long.  I got my latte first, and then still had to wait to get the hubby's drink.  I took a sip, and my latte was at best room temp.  I didn't want to make a stink, so I just sucked it up and didn't say anything.  A few minutes later, hubby got his drink, steaming hot.  After getting in the car, I told my hubby that my latte wasn't as hot as 'normal'.  My hubby noticed that the barista made my latte with 'leftover' steamed milk.  I'm sure it wasn't leftover like sitting on the counter for hours, but it was made for someone else's drink and I got the remnants.  The hubby's drink took longer and was hotter because it was freshly steamed.  Aside from the leftover milk incident, I didn't find their latte better than others.  Hubby didn't like his drink so much.  I asked him if he wanted to go back and give them a second chance (i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they worked out their kinks), and he said no, that he would rather go to Starbucks instead.  And this is coming from the guy that usually has no opinion, and most things taste "ok".
Latte










Alchemy Coffee
4361 Highway 7E, Unit 1
Markham, ON
L3R 1M1

Phone:  (905) 604-6622

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 7:30a - 6:00p
             Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 6:00p

http://alchemycoffee.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...