Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moji Japanese Eatery

Popped into Moji for a super late lunch on a Sunday.  We were getting kind of sick of normal Chinese food for a quick bite.  I can't remember how we ended up in this area because I HATE this plaza.  Hate the drivers and hate the parking here, especially the strip of parking that faces Kennedy Road because there's never any spots!

Because we arrived so late, they had their happy hour pricing available between 230p - 500p.  For $5.99, you get to choose an appetizer, main, and drink.  With my bad memory, I wish I took a picture of that menu.  In any case, based on my pictures, I ordered chilled tofu, gyu rice, and a strawberry green tea.  The hubby wanted ramen, so he ordered the toroniku ramen off the regular menu. 

When our food items arrived, we thought the portions were a bit small.  I don't know if my portions were small due to my food being for its happy hour pricing.  The tofu was good, smooth, with some soy sauce, and nori on top.  The gyu rice, I felt that there wasn't enough beef for the amount of rice given.  Flavours were ok.  Strawberry green tea was weak, not much green tea flavour at all.
Gyu Rice, Tofu & Strawberry Green Tea










The toroniku ramen came in a very small bowl.  The broth was ok, but it didn't have that rich pork taste to it.  Noodles were cooked al dente which was good.  Topping were presented on the side on a separate dish.  There were slices of pork, very thinly sliced, with some wood ear, and bamboo.  The egg, again in it's own separate dish.  For the price, $12.50, I was expecting there to be more.
Toroniku Ramen










Cute restaurant.  If it wasn't for the location, I think I would come back when I want something other than Hong Kong style cafe.

Moji Japanese Eatery
A6-8362 Kennedy Road
Markham, ON 
L3R 9W5

Phone:  (905) 479-6654

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 1130a - 900p
             Friday 1130a - 1000p
             Saturday - Sunday 1100a - 1000p

http://www.mojijapanese.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...