Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Burlington: Son of A Peach Pizzeria, Tamp Coffee Co.

Afternoon trip to Burlington, for no reason other than just to eat.  I have never been to Burlington before, and wasn’t sure about what there was to see either.  All I know is that it’s near the Lake.  We left the house later than I was hoping, and traffic took longer than I thought.  Why is the traffic going there so bad?  Traffic was clogged up around the Ford plant area all the way past the mall!  But there wasn’t an accident or anything.  I asked my coworkers about that the next day and they said that’s normal.  Anyways, the two places my coworkers recommended for me to check out were Son of a Peach Pizzeria and Tamp Coffee Co.  We ended up arriving for a super late lunch, which turned out to be good timing, since my coworker said Son of a Peach is usually packed during lunch and dinner.

Son of a Peach Pizzeria
Son of a Peach Pizzeria, the name (without pizzeria) wouldn’t make you think of a pizza place would it?  They do their pizzas in a giant pizza oven that you can see from their dining space.  Great visually, and probably great in the winter too, but in the summer, made the dining area a bit hot.  They also offer things like burgers and wings on their menu.  I ordered the tomato & mozzarella pizza, and the hubby got the burger.  The burger came first and it looked great.  The burger patty was made in house using locally raised top sirloin and brisket blend (which gives it the fatty juiciness), topped with house candied maple bacon.  The bun I thought was a bit too soft for all the meaty goodness, was a house made sourdough brioche bun.  I think in general brioche buns are too soft for burgers.  I loved the salt & vinegar taro chips that were served on the side.  The hubby found them too vinegary for him. 
Burger










The pizza, was a good size, had minimal toppings on it since I ordered tomato & mozzarella.  The crust was good, thin, and had a good amount of chew and char.  I loved the amount of fresh basil sprinkled on top.  I just wish that they used fresh mozzarella instead of their house-smoked mozzarella.  That’s just a personal preference though.
Tomato & Mozzarella Pizza










Son of A Peach Pizzeria
2049 Pine St., Unit 62-63
Burlington, ON
L7R 1E9

Phone:  (905) 632-4040

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 11:30a - 9:00p
             Friday - Saturday 11:30a - 10:00p
             Sunday 11:30a - 8:00p

http://www.heypeachy.com

Tamp Coffee Co.
Tamp Coffee Co., located literally 2 stores down from Son of a Peach, small coffee shop.  Felt a little intimidating in there, their counters and stuff were so high, for a short person like me, it just felt a bit awkward.  Ordered a latte and a macchiato.  My latte was good and smooth.  Originally I thought the coffee was too weak, but after a few sips, it was great, left my mouth with a pleasant coffee aftertaste as well.  The hubby’s macchiato was too strong for me, even though he said he found it a bit weak.
Latte & Macchiato
 









Tamp Coffee Co.
2049 Pine St. Unit 65
Burlington, ON
L7R 1E9

Phone:  (416) 917-5745

Hours:  Monday - Friday 7:00a - 7:00p
             Saturday 7:30a - 7:00p
             Sunday 8:00a - 5:00p

http://tampcoffee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...