Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Glory Hole Donuts


I wanted to Glory Hole Donuts, months and months and months ago.  I first read about them in the Toronto Star.  At the time, there were only 2 places that sold these donuts, Glory Hole did not have their own retail location at the time.  I stopped by that coffee shop on a Saturday afternoon, and walked out with no donuts.  Because of the Toronto Star, these donuts have been selling out early in the mornings.

After my exams, I finally had the time to make a trip to Glory Hole's Queen West shop.  The location isn't exactly convenient.  The surrounding area is kind of dumpish like.  But I guess thats what they could afford since they kind of 'begged' for donations to open up a retail store.  When we walked in, they only had 2 flavours available.  We waited for upwards of 30 minutes for them to bring out some additional flavours.  We picked up a dozen donuts to try and share with friends.  I think they charged us wrong, because a dozen donuts ended up costing us only $31.  If I remember correctly, one dozen of their donuts (pre-retail location) was closer to $50.

The flavours we picked up include:  Banana Cream, Maple Bacon, Chocolate Pretzel, Black Forest, Pistachio and some Lemon Ricotta Balls.  My fave was the Lemon Ricotta Balls.  The texture was more cake like whereas the other donuts had a fluffier bread like texture.  Hubby did not like the Maple Bacon.  I didn't get to taste all of the donuts as they were given to friends.  I would definitely recommend calling in before hand for donuts so you don't have to waste time waiting...and waiting for these donuts. 

Box O' Donuts

Banana Cream Donut



















Glory Hole Donuts
1596 Queen St W
Toronto, ON
647-352-4848
http://www.gloryholedoughnuts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...