Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tacos El Asador

My coworker loves breakfast foods, so do I.  One morning she had this crazy craving for beans and eggs.  To me, this sounded like the oddest combination ever.  But then again, the English have baked beans in their traditional English breakfasts, so I guess it might not be so strange after all?

So on the last day of my fall school term, we met up at one of her favourite Latin places for this Latin breakfast.  She says it's still not as good as her moms, but satisfies the craving.  Tacos El Asador is VERY small, and not a place to have a long chat.  The food must be good, it was completely PACKED!

The breakfast consists of eggs, which I was told to get them scrambled because they put in onions and peppers in for flavour, avocado, beans, fried plantains, queso fresco, and sour cream.  This whole fried bananas/plantains thing was kind of strange.  I'm used to eating bananas by themselves.  But these fried plantains were super yummy.  Just a little sweet with a tiny hint of tang (like green bananas which I love) and firm.  The combination of the eggs, beans, queso fresco, sour cream, and avocado was so good!
Breakfast











The hubby also ordered a chicken taco and a burrito.  After eating these corn tortillas, I can't go back to eating the flour ones from the supermarket.  They don't stick to the roof of your mouth!  And they actually taste like something!  The chicken in the taco was very tender, we felt like it was just missing some seasoning.  The chicken burrito in the back was very yummy!  Just the right amount of flavour.
Chicken Tacos











I need to come back and try some of the other things on the menu.  Now only if there was a way for me to figure out what the words on the menu mean.....

Tacos El Asador
690 Bloor St W.
Toronto, ON
M6G 1L2
416-538-9747

Hours:  Mon - Tues, Thurs - Sat 12pm - 9pm
             Wed 1pm - 9pm
             Sun 2pm - 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...