Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wonton Chai Noodle

Soupy noodles is the ultimate comfort food.  Somewhat light on the stomach, and just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have grown to be a somewhat picky eater as my parents and friends say.  I don't eat fish, and I don't eat pork most of the time.  Pork always has this 'porky' taste.  I also hate fat.  The texture of fat in the mouth grosses me out.  Usually I do a good enough job of scraping off all sorts of fat, before the meat enters my mouth.  But in the rare case that some fat does enter my mouth I usually end up spitting out the food.  This makes finding a good wonton hard.  Most restaurants put shrimp, pork AND lard into their wontons/dumplings.  I can't eat it, it's just too gross.  I know Jim Chae Kee makes awesome, gianormous shrimp only wontons and yes they're very good.  Near work, I found Wonton Chai Noodle.  Their wontons are not as big as Jim Chae Kee, which I prefer anyways, makes it easier to pop into the mouth.  Wonton Chai Noodle wontons are also made with shrimp only, which makes them edible for me.  Broth, no where as good as the two infamous wonton restaurants in Hong Kong, but I personally don't think it's possible to find anything that would compare anyways.


Wontons & Rice Noodles in Broth











Wonton Chai Noodle
4040 Creditview Rd.
Mississauga, ON
L5C 3Y8
905-232-1103

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...