Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Camp

This was intended to be a treat/reward for ourselves.  I planned this visit out weeks in advance.  Actually, as soon as I read the article in Toronto Life, I knew I wanted to come here after my first ever half marathon.  What drew me to Camp was not the kitchy, nostalgic factor of the decor and furniture (my parents had the same kitchen table as the table we sat at), but it was for their french toast.  They make a baked french toast using croissants!

So after running the half marathon, we were starving and looking forward to the french toast.  We get there, and we were told that they were sold out.  I was so disappointed I wanted to cry.  You know when you have your mind set on something, and you don't get it?  Its as if my whole world crumbled down around me.  So instead of throwing a child like tantrum and starving, I settled for their breakfast burrito.  The breakfast burrito was a tortilla stuffed with eggs, avocado, beans and cheese.  It came with a side of salad home made salsa, sour cream and a few olives.  Everything was very delicious.  My eggs were nice and fluffy.  Generous portion.  Not sure if it had enough calories to replaced what I just burned, but enough to keep me satisfied.
Breakfast Burrito











Hubby and friend both ordered their sausage special.  This came with a sausage, scrambled eggs, a baked scalloped potato side and some yummy mustard.  I'm not a huge fan of sausage, so I can't really comment, but my hubby and friend loved it.  The potatoes were just so-so.

Sausage Special











I need to come back again for their french toast!

Camp
244 Jane St.
Toronto, ON
(647) 346-2667

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...