Thursday, June 6, 2013

Kings Taco

One word to describe.  OMG!!!  I don't know much about Mexican food, but I do know that Taco Bell is not real Mexican food and not to go there when i'm craving Mexican food.  I found this place through Chowhound, my favourite restaurant researching site.  Upon additional research through other sites such as Yelp and Restaurantica, I actually started to get a little worried, because of the pictures I saw.  The logo and restaurant frontage looked a bit, well, kiddy and not professional.  I decided to trust the gut instincts of my fellow Chowhounders and off we went.

The hubby and I met my very pregnant former coworker (now mommy) and her husband there for dinner.  Decor inside the restaurant was so-so.  But all you could hear in there was Spanish.  This was definitely a good sign.  I started off with a horchata, a rice based drink with some spices in it, and the boys ordered Mexican Coca-Cola.  I don't know what they put or don't put in the Coca-Cola in Canada and the USA, but it doesn't taste as good.

For a starter, we ordered a half order of guacamole, tasty!  But I wish we knew that we would be getting free chips!  Along with the chips were 3 hot sauces with 3 different levels of spiciness, an onion and cilantro mixture and limes.
Guacamole, Chips, Hot Sauces











For the mains, we ordered tacos asador (4), tacos barbacoa (4), ya vas and the last dish I can't remember.  Everything was super delicious!  Seasoned really well and portions were very big!  Pricing was very reasonable as well.  I was so stuffed!  The best part, CORN TORTILLAS!  I love them.  None of the flour tortilla junk.  I can't eat tasteless flour tortillas anymore.  I had no idea, but tacos are not usually served with salsa.  It's apparently a north american thing.  Same with cheese.  Who knew?

Tacos Barbacoa

Tacos Asador
Ya Vas

Dish I forgot.....





































I can't wait to go back again!

Kings Taco
1216 St. Clair Ave. W.,
Toronto, ON
(647) 342-0262

Hours:
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 12pm - 10pm
Friday, Saturday 12pm - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...