Monday, June 3, 2013

Joons

I've heard so much about this place, and how good it is.  And i've been meaning to try for years.  I didn't get a chance till recently.  School was finally done this term, time to relax and catch up with some friends.  The most famous dish from Joons that I kept hearing about is the dak galbi, this dish with rice rolls, chicken, and cheese.  Sounds like a weird combo, Korean food and cheese, but hey, Koreans make good KFC (Korean Fried Chicken).  The dak galbi wasn't anything super special.  It was yummy, but I just kept thinking, I can make this at home if I buy the gochujang sauce (which I already have at home), so I'm not sure i'll be coming back specially for this dish.  The kimchi fried rice was tasty, just the right amount of seasoning.  The stew was good, and light.  Good contrast to the dak galbi.

Dak Galbi

Kimchi Fried Rice

Stew with Dumplings & Meats



























Again, the food here is nothing too special, it is good comfort food, or if you have just drank a little too much.

Joons
4852 Yonge St.
North York, ON  M2N 5N2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...