Monday, June 3, 2013

Uncle Betty's

The name of this place sounds weird.  Uncle Betty.  Usually Betty is a female name isn't it?  This wasn't the only reason why this restaurant caught my eye.  They also make their own donuts!  However, this time I went for a visit, wasn't for the donuts.  Last time my friend went, she brought me back a donut to try.  It was pretty good.  Taste and texture reminded me of those Tiny Tom donuts that my parents used to buy for me and my sister at the CNE.

For my own visit, I didn't feel anything donut related.  That crossed off Uncle Betty's version of the eggs benedict.  Instead of an English muffin bottom, they use one of their home made donuts.  My pick ended up to be Breakfast in a Bowl, which is essentially a breakfast poutine.  Fries topped with eggs, country gravy, cheese and bacon or sausage.  Nothing too special.  Found the country gravy a little bland and the egg whites slightly overcooked.  Hubby ordered a "grilled cheese", which had meatloaf, and mac n' cheese and a side of sweet potato fries.  The idea is awesome!  The meatloaf was pretty tasty, but the mac n'cheese was bland and on the dry side.

Overall, very cute place, great atmosphere, and worth a visit if you're in the area anyways.

Breakfast in a Bowl

Grilled Cheese



















Uncle Betty's
2590 Yonge St.,
Toronto, ON M4p 2J3
(416) 483-2590

Summer Hours:
Monday - Friday 9:30am - 9pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:30am - 9pm

Fall/Winter Hours:
Monday - Wednesday 10am - 8pm
Thursday & Friday 9:30am - 9pm
Saturday 8:30am - 9pm
Sunday 8:30am - 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...