Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bonne Journee


This was another quick stop partly to kill time, and partly because it was a new bakery that opened, or so I thought.  I just noticed on their FB page that they opened in 2012!  In the back of my mind I always want to look for that croissant, especially since this is supposed to be a French bakery!  By the time we got to Bonne Journee, I guess it was somewhat late in bakery time, it was really only around 2pm, but they were already sold out of many of their items.  I grabbed the last croissant, and the husband wanted this dessert that was like a cross between a tiramisu and a Napoleon.

Again, I was disappointed with the croissant.  While it looked very proper, it lacked the butter flavour and was bready.  The pastry/cake was very moist, but very sweet, but not much flavour other than that.  At the cash, they had shortbread cookies for $1.  So I grabbed one too.  It was a good size, however, it was quite hard for a shortbread cookie, and again, not much butter flavour.  Very disappointed in this little French bakery.

Pastry & Shortbread Cookie

Croissant














Bonne Journee
1576 Queen St. E.,
Toronto, ON
M4L 1E7
647-722-4809

Hours:  Tuesday - Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm
             Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm

https://www.facebook.com/bonnejourneeinc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...