Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sweet Note Desserts

I'm not sure why I waited until now to post about Sweet Note Desserts.  I have been there several times and each of those times I have said, this is really good.  The first time I went was because I had a dessert craving.  We had just left an Indian buffet in Brampton, I know, it was buffet and I wasn't full.  It was with the husband's coworkers.  They wanted to leave, so I left.  And yes, i'm sure a lot of you are surprised that I went to a buffet, because everyone knows I hate them.  But again, it wasn't my choice.  Anyways, we passed by Sweet Note Desserts and the sign was pretty cute, so we popped in.  We got a mango coconut milk custard (consistency similar to a panna cotta) to go.  The custard was so rich and smooth and flavourful.  The jar was small, and I kept eating, only to realize I didn't have my bites left to share with my husband.

The second time I went was after ramen.  A quick meal of ramen wasn't enough time to catch up with my friend that I hadn't seen in over one year.  I ordered their chestnut meringue.  For all you Asians out there, i'm sure you've had Maxim's overly hyped meringue desserts.  The ones that are overly airy and overly sweet and of course overly expensive?  Yup thats the one i'm talking about.  This one was so different.  The meringue was cooked perfectly, crisp, and sweet enough, with just a tiny bit of chew.  The chestnut filling reminded me of my childhood.  I used to hate the chestnut birthday cakes that my parents bought.  But I love them now for some strange reason.

This last time I went, I was told by a friend to try their soufflé. I ordered the vanilla soufflé with passion fruit sauce.  And my friend ordered the chocolate soufflé with chocolate sauce.  Both were very good.  The soufflé were light and airy.  I don't remember the chocolate sauce, but my passion fruit sauce was so good I could keep drinking it!
Souffles











I have never made reservations, but I have seen tables with the reserved sign on them.  And later on in the night it does get busy (partly because it's a small space).  Most people, once they see how busy it is, grab the dessert as take out and leave.


Sweet Note Desserts
Unit 61-63, 505 Highway 7 East,
Markham, ON
L3T 7T1
905-877-9338 (905-UR-SWEET)

Hours:  Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 2:00pm - 10:30pm
             Friday, Saturday, Sunday 2:00pm - 11:30pm
             Tuesday CLOSED

http://sweetnote.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...