Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Patisserie la Cigogne

The more I look, the harder I think it will be for me to find a really really good croissant.  And i'm not talking about just in Toronto.  It's always either too bready, not enough butter flavour, or too crispy.  Is it really that hard to make a good croissant?  Maybe one day, when I have finally mastered the art of bread baking, that I will give the croissant a try.  In the meanwhile, my hunt will have to continue.

I randomly found Patisserie la Cigogne through Google and decided to pop in to satisfy my croissant craving.  And because it was late in the day, their plain butter croissants were sold out.  So I bought a Pain au Chocolat (for the hubby), and an Almond croissant for me.

The Pain au Chocolate I was told was good.  That was the extent I heard about it.  The Almond croissant had enough butter flavour in the croissant portion of it, but the almond filling I thought was a little too sweet.  It's just a matter of personal preference i'm sure.  There was a lot of the almond filling, which I guess could be considering good bang for the buck.  Also to note, the almond filling did not have an overly heavy almond extract flavour.  So if it wasn't so sweet it would have been quite good.

Pain au Chocolat and Almond Croissant











Patisserie la Cigogne
1626 Bayview Ave.,
Toronto, ON
M4G 3B7
416-487-1234
http://patisserielacigogne.com

Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 7:00p,
            Friday 7:30am - 8:00pm
            Saturday 8:00am - 8:00pm
            Sunday 8:00am - 7:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...