Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dimpflmeier Bakery

Dimpflmeier, German bread made with natural spring water. 

I've seen Dimpflmeier bread available at most supermarkets.  I've tried it, I loved it, and found it too expensive to be eating on a regular basis.  A package of Dimpflmeier rye at my local supermarket ranges from $2.99 to $3.49 for a 1lb bag.  One pound of rye bread only gives you maybe 8 to 10 slices of bread.  Its not the same as a loaf of normal sandwich bread, which is a lot lighter, giving you more slices.  When I found out that Dimpflmeier has a retail outlet store right next to the factory where they bake the bread, I was estatic!  By the way, I LOVE BREAD, especially freshly baked bread.

When I walked into the store, I was so amazed.  I didn't realize that Dimpflimeier made so many varieties of bread AND they make desserts too!  In the store they have their normal bread section which has the pre-packaged sliced breads, plus whole loaves of crusty bread thats sold in paper bags, and single bagels and pretzels.  There's another section of cakes, muffins and cookies.  And if that isn't enough, if you think that you're getting hungry from walking around all this bread, they have a cafe section where you can sit down and enjoy a coffee or tea and a freshly made pastries.  They make so many varieties of pastries, that it was hard for us to choose what we wanted.  I must have changed my mind a million times.  Good thing the line was long enough for me to finally make up my mind and stick with it!  In the end we tried a cream filled horn, cherry danish, and a peach & apple & cheese pastry.  Each of these pastries ranged from $1 to $1.50.  Coffee, each cup freshly made by the strangest looking coffee machine I have ever seen, was only $0.90.
Afternoon snack

 After our afternoon snack we went around loading up our shopping cart with bread.  We bought a loaf of Monastery Rye (4lb) for $5.30, 2 (1lb) Rye breads for $2 each.  They also had some 1lb pumpernickel loaves on special for $1.99.  Too bad this is so far for me, but whenever i'm in the area I will definitely go back for more.

Dimpflmeier Bakery
26-36 Advance Rd, Toronto
416-236-2701
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 7am-6pm, Sunday 9am-5pm

1 comment:

  1. Great find! Thanks for sharing although I still can't figure out how to pronounce it...lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...