Thursday, May 17, 2012

Short & Sweet Cupcakes

I've been dying to find a good cupcake place, with consistently good cupcakes.  It's not worth my time to go to a place where I can find ONE good cupcake variety, but all the other ones suck because they're either too dry, too oily, or not enough flavor.  And I'm only talking about the cupcake base.  The buttercream/frosting on the top is something totally different.  The best buttercream that I have tasted has to be from Magnolia Bakery in New York City.  I have yet to find any place in Toronto that makes such a light buttercream, it's always so super heavy and dense, and sugary gritty!

Short & Sweet Cupcakes at least does the base right.  Nice and fluffy without being greasy.  It's not too sweet, so when you do eat it with the buttercream/frosting, it's just the right amount of sweetness.  The chocolate cupcake had just the right amount of chocolate.  The vanilla cupcake had just the right amount of vanilla flavor.  But for some reason the red velvet lacked in chocolate flavor!  I think my favorite had to be the carrot cupcake.

If there are any parents out there that are looking for delicious AND nut free cupcakes, this is where to go.  These cupcakes are not by any means friendly to the wallet, they're $2.90 each.  But if your child is only allowed to bring nut free cakes to school to share with their buddies, this is the place to go.

Short & Sweet Cupcakes










I wish I took a picture before my inlaws attacked the box.  They went right at it as soon as the box hit the kitchen table.  This is what I had left by the end of the night.  :(

Short & Sweet Cupcakes
1945 Avenue Road
Toronto, ON M5M 4A2
Tel: 416-519-6633
http://www.shortandsweetcupcakes.ca

In the fall they will be opening up a location in Vaughan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...