Sunday, August 25, 2013

Olde Yorke Fish & Chips


My parents aren’t very keen on food of any ethnicity aside from Chinese.  To them, Chinese food offers the best value, large portions, at good prices.  I took my parents and my grandma to Olde Yorke Fish and Chips many years ago.  Years later, they still talk about how good the fish and chips there were, even my grandma!  They also remember how this place does not take reservations, and my husband (then boyfriend) had to line up for over an hour to get us a table. 

This year for Father’s day, I decided to bring them back here for dinner.  My parents and grandma happily said yes.  We ordered halibut and chips, cod and chips, and for me, clam strips and a side salad.  I think the reason why my parents love this place so much is because of their portion sizes.  The fish is quite large and fresh tasting (or I was told at least).

The key to not having to wait a super long time is to come and start lining up around 5pm.  Once 530pm rolls around, the lineup snakes out the door and sometimes around the corner.

 
Onion Rings

Halibut & Chips


Cod & Chips

Clam Strips & Side Salad



















Olde Yorke Fish & Chips
96 Laird Dr.,
East York, ON
416-696-9670

Hours: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 9:00pm

http://www.oldeyorkefishandchips.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...