Saturday, July 26, 2014

HoHoMi Rice and Noodle House - CLOSED

Just from the name of this restaurant, you wouldn't be able to figure out what kind of cuisine it could possibly be.  HoHoMi does Vietnamese food.  Usually when I saw I want to eat Vietnamese food, I'm craving pho.  As I usually do with any new restaurant, I do some research in terms of what they're good at, and what they're not so good at.  Turns out they don't do pho very well.  What other people recommended was their lemongrass chicken, so we made sure to order that.  The portion of chicken that was brought to the table surprised me.  It was massive!  From what I remember, the chicken was deboned mostly, and had amazing lemongrass flavour.  I haven't eaten dinner yet and i'm getting hungrier and hungrier thinking about this chicken.
Lemon Grass Chicken











The other dish we ordered was the tomato vermicelli soup noodle.  I've never had this dish before, ever.  It's so good!  Very light, refreshing, and most importantly, FLAVOURFUL.  The broth consists of tomato, pork, egg, and some shrimp paste from the tastes of it.  I think this dish is a must order.  I'm actually thinking that I should try and recreate this dish at home.
Tomato Vermicelli Noodle Soup











HoHoMi, is kind of located in the middle of nowhere, so it's not the kind of restaurant where you will pass by and think, hey lets go and try it.  You will have to plan to make the trip here.  But it's well worth the trip!

HoHoMi
50 Buroak Ave,  Unit 7
Markham, ON
L6C 0A2

905-888-8558

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 10:00am - 9:30pm

https://www.facebook.com/Hohomiriceandnoodlehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...