Friday, July 25, 2014

John Andersons Charbroil Burger

I have several coworkers who have told me that John Andersons has the best burger.  I was pretty skeptical about the best burger comment, because right now, my pick for best burger is Fresh Burger in Richmond Hill.  Not to hijack the post about John Andersons Buger, but I went to Fresh Burger this past Wednesday and tried to order their signature prime burger.  The owner told me, that he only has the fresh burger.  My husband told me that he tried the fresh burger and it wasn't as good as the prime burger, so I told the owner I came (and brought my friend who has never been to Fresh Burger before) for their prime burger.  The owner then told me, that he did in fact have prime burger patties made, but he's not happy with the meat, so he is refusing to serve them.  So awesome that they care that much about what is being sold to the customers!  We need more of these places!

Back to John Andersons.  The inside of John Andersons is definitely cute/retro.  It probably looks the way it did back in the 70's.  This is definitely a family run business, owned by an Asian family.  Looks like mom runs the cash, and dad is the cook.  Your burger is cooked when you order it, so it's fresh.  But I was very disappointed to see that the burger meat was frozen, looked bought, and VERY thin.  Topping wise, you put on yourself at what appears to be a converted salad bar.  You have the typical ketchup, mustard, relish, lettuce and tomatoes.  They also have bbq sauce, which I actually mistakened for ketchup, and sautéed onions.  The burger tasted like what any frozen burger patty would taste like.  It is cheaper than McD's....but not sure if I would come back, even though it's close to work.  Also burger bun ratio is off.  The bun is massive, the burger patty is not.

Also in your combo order, you can choose from onion rings or fries.  Another coworker said that they have the best onion rings.  Even though I usually prefer fries over onion rings, I decided to give the onion rings a try.  Nothing to write home about, just like the burger patty, the onion rings were from frozen.

Burger Fries and Drink











John Andersons Charbroil Burger
1069 Dundas St W.
Mississauga, ON
L5C 1C3

905-276-8752

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...