Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Cha Me Cha

November, time for the annual Valentines day babies dinner.  I have 3 close friends plus my husband who are Valentines day babies.  If you don’t get what I mean, take Valentines day, fast forward 9 months.  Now you get it?  So each year, I take my friends and hubby out for a dinner.  This year, one of my friends wasn’t able to come because he was stuck in Ottawa for exams.  Our usual dinners end up being at a Hong Kong style café because it’s cheap, and they like that kind of food, ie sizzling steaks, instant noodles etc.  This year I suggested a Taiwanese shaved ice place, that also serves meals, partly because I wanted to check this place out.  So off to Cha Me Cha we went.

Before 8pm, Cha Me Cha offers combos for $10 which includes a main dish and a drink.  Drink options include ginger milk tea(hot), golden kumquat tea (hot), bergamot pomelo tea (hot), raspberry green tea (cold), green plum green tea (cold), and apple green tea (cold).  I was hoping that part of the combo would include popcorn chicken, but it didn’t.  Our table ordered the fried chicken cutlet with noodle in soup, one sausage & minced pork with rice and one with noodle in soup, and curry chicken with noodle in soup. Whether you order noodles in soup or rice, your dish will come with a soy sauce hard boiled egg and a piece of bok choy.  My fried chicken cutlet in noodle in soup was very good.  Chicken cutlet was essentially a giant version of popcorn chicken.  The broth for the soup was pretty bland, the noodle I can’t pin point what it is, but very similar to ‘yet ca mein’.
Fried Chicken Cutlet in Noodle in Soup










The curry chicken was just ok according to my friend.  He thought that it would be boneless chicken, but the chicken had bone, so that was a reason why he didn’t like it as much either. 
Curry Chicken with Noodle in Soup










If you order minced pork and sausage, don’t order it with noodles in soup.  Your minced pork will get lost in the broth.  My friend who ordered it on rice was able to enjoy it much more.  She said she would definitely order it again.
Mince Pork and Sausage in Noodle in Soup

Minced Pork and Sausage on Rice



















We had to order dessert, partly because it’s a birthday celebration, partly because I wanted to try shaved ice here.  So many options to choose from, it took us quite a while to decide on one, we finally decided on the brown sugar shaved ice.  When it finally arrived, I was really glad we only ordered one.  It was massive!!!!  I’ve never had shaved ice before, so I was expecting brown sugar flavoured ice, similar to a snow cone, where when it melts it tastes like the flavour that you chose and water.  But this was a totally different experience.  When it melted in my mouth, it was a creamy brown sugar.  So good!  I definitely need to come back and try some other shaved ices.
Brown Sugar Shaved Ice













Cha Me Cha
8333 Kennedy Rd.,  Unit 1078
Markham, ON
L3R 4P8

Phone:  (905) 470-8836

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 12:00pm - 12:00am

http://www.chamecha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...